Here’s an Email Marketing Campaign Planner to Improve Your ROI
Mike Connolly, November 10, 2015
With new digital marketing channels introduced, email marketing is still one of the channels that generate high ROI. Email marketing has evolved, with device-agnostic designs, tone of messaging, targeted messaging to a target audience, to a change in focus on segmentation.
That’s the reason why you need to be detail oriented in order to derive ROI from your email marketing initiatives.
With tight delivery dates scheduled for yesterday, the focus on strategic aspects of email marketing invariably gets buried. When developing email campaigns, do you get into specifics of subject lines, personalization, relevant messaging, device agnostic designs, time of sending emails, and segmentation of lists?
Here are 3 tips to take your email marketing initiatives to the next level:
TIP 1 – You need to be organized and plan your email campaigns. To make it easier for you to get an overview of what works and what doesn’t, this Email Marketing Campaign Planner is a suitable ready-reckoner. We will discuss how to use this planner in detail further in this post.
TIP 2 – Once you have organized your email marketing campaign with the Planner, you need to then estimate your ROI. Here’s an Email Marketing ROI Calculator that provides an easy way to calculate if you are generate revenue on every dollar spent.
TIP 3 – To drive email marketing success, you also need to use a high-quality email list, without which your efforts would be ineffective. Here’s a breakdown of our featured email lists this month:
|PHYSICIAN MAILING LIST||This list consists of specialists and physical therapy professionals within the field of physical medicine and healthcare service providers.||745,628 Contacts|
|DENTIST MAILING LIST||This list has data of specialists across US, UK, Europe, APAC and other countries for better impact and
|PHYSICAL THERAPIST MAILING LIST||This list is ideal for promoting products and services including business offers, medical supplies,
educational publications and more.
|NURSE MAILING LIST||This list contains data on registered nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Nursing Assistants, CRNAs and many others from the USA, UK, Australia and other countries.||267,283 Contacts|
|PHARMACIST MAILING LIST||This list consists of pharmacists, medical practitioners and healthcare specialists relevant to marketers, pharmaceutical companies and other healthcare agencies||132,438 Contacts|
Please feel free to browse through all data cards to see the complete set of mailing lists.
To help you this Email Marketing Campaign Planner effectively, here are some pointers:
HOW TO USE THIS PLANNER
This Planner is divided into 3 sections:
1. The Planning Phase (columns A to J) – Includes details of Date, Time, Campaign Theme, Objective, Target Audience, Author, Status, Subject Line, Email Link, Landing Page Link. (Screenshot provided below)
2. The Testing Phase (columns K and L) – Includes the A/B Test Objective and Results. (Screenshot provided below)
3. The Tracking and Results Phase (columns M to Y) – Includes details of Total Emails Sent, Total Emails Delivered, Total Emails Opened, Total Clicks (Unique Visitors), Pages Viewed, Hard Bounce, Soft Bounce, Unsubscribe, Forward, Deliverability, Open Rate, Click-through Rate and Number of Leads Generated. Columns V to Y are calculated automatically. (Screenshot provided below)
HOW TO CUSTOMIZE THIS PLANNER
We understand that you may have your own schedule and email marketing plan. You can customize this planner based on the objectives of your campaign.
- You can make adjustments by hiding columns or adding columns as per your requirement. To hide column right click on the column you want to hide, and select ‘hide’ option. (Screenshot provided below)
- If you send more than 3 campaigns in each week you can add more rows.
- With every new month, you can duplicate the Planner tab or add more rows to the same spreadsheet.
- You can tweak formulas based on the how you calculate Deliverability, Open Rates and Click-through Rates.
BENEFITS OF USING THIS PLANNER
With this planner, you can investigate, evaluate and organize your email marketing campaigns.
- By recording Date and Time, you can find out the best period to send your campaigns and optimize results.
- By recording Campaign Theme, Objective and Target Audience, you can create focused campaigns and tweak future plans by analyzing results.
- By recording Email Link and Landing Page Link you and your team can get easy access for future reference.
- By recording Author and Status you can track the status of campaigns and locate resources responsible for each task.
- By A/B testing subject lines and design, you optimize results by choosing the option that works best.
- By recording Total Emails Sent, Total Emails Delivered, Total Emails Opened, Total Clicks (Unique Visitors), Pages Viewed, Hard Bounce, Soft Bounce, Unsubscribe, and Number of Forwards, you can track and find out metrics such as Deliverability, Open Rate, Click-through Rate and Number of Leads Generated.
We created this planner to make it easier for you to plan, organize, measure and optimize your email marketing campaigns. We hope it enables you to develop powerful campaigns, generate revenue and deliver ROI. Please do send us your feedback. Your thoughts are most appreciated.