Your digital privacy is in the safe hands of Lake B2B. The following content discloses and clarifies the information gathering, dissemination practices of and consequent security measures taken by Lake B2B (also referred to as “Lake B2B”, “we”, “our”, and “us”) to protect the privacy and information of its users.
By continuing to visit and use our website and/or services, you (the user) agree to this Policy and the subsequent usage of personal data as stated henceforth, or amended hereafter.
To report any violations or abuse of our services, or to register any concerns regarding this policy, contact Lake B2B by mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 1 (800) 710-5516.
Which rules do we comply with?
Lake B2B complies with all relevant federal, state, and international laws (including GDPR) applicable to data privacy and usage, and adopts the subsequent guidelines / procedures / best practices established by industry groups in which we are a contributing member, including the Direct Marketing Association (DMA). The reflection to our strict data privacy and usage controls is witnessed in our contracts and agreements with customers.
1. Our Data Compilation Procedure
1.1. User information compiled by Lake B2B incorporates several data elements for businesses and consumers. The information is acquired from reliable sources (Sec. 1.2) and we take utmost care through specific quality control procedures to verify and maintain the accuracy of the said information.
1.2. Our Business to Business Marketing database is sourced from the following reputed sources:
- Government records
- B2B Directories
- Annual Reports, SEC Filings
- Newspaper Subscription Offers
- Sign-up data from email Campaigns
- Business tradeshow attendee lists
- Public Record Information
- Registration process for subscription sites
- Community postings
- Nationwide utility transaction reports
- Transactional data
- Phone surveys with every business
- Web-based Registrations and/or offers
- Business trade magazine subscription offers
1.3 We also collect information on our website and other branded websites, where from time to time we act as an agent to collect data for some of our partners. When filling out subscription or information request forms, visitors are required to fill out personal data that includes name, official email addresses, and phone number(s) as applicable. This is in order to serve our clients and visitors better at their own convenience.
1.4 The information we collect is used to create demographic profiles of our subscribers, clients, and visitors so we can improve the content of our website and email alerts.
2. Disclosure and/or Sharing of User Data
2.1. Lake B2B reserves full ownership over the information collected on this domain (https://www.lakeb2b.com) and its subsidiaries. The said information is collected from reputed sources (Sec. 1.2) and from different points in the said domain and its sub-domains. We will not sell, share, and/or rent the said data to third-party vendor(s) in other ways than disclosed as below:
- In reasonable need to offer our services
- When the user has provided us consent for the purpose
- When we are legally obliged to do so
Sections 2.2 and 2.3 discuss the above conditions in detail.
2.2. Usage of Personal Data
2.2.1. We lawfully process subject data with the sole objective to fulfill our “legitimate interests”. The following includes an extensive yet non-exhaustive list of “legitimate interests” under which we operate:
- Betterment of our Services by providing easily accessible and usable technologies that enable our clients to execute their business objectives with more certainty.
- When prior consent is asked from and provided by subjects through the same channel of communication, and the objective of such communication is in abiding to clause a).
- Where processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, and on demand from regulatory authorities.
2.2.2. The data and content provided or made available to us by users across our different Services is used in the collection, compilation and collation of data of respective subjects. Subject data is also used in conducting research and development programs to improve user experiences across our digital spectrum, and for the overall improvement of our Services.
2.2.3. We notify subjects about the usage of their data in writing, through emails and/or other media as available (SMS, push notifications etc.) and agreed by both parties. Our communications may also include:
- Service Messages: to acknowledge ongoing and concluded transactions and interactions. Examples include: welcome messages, meeting schedules etc. We don’t offer any opt-out options for service messages, as we are legally obliged to send the same.
- Marketing Communications: on our own behalf or on behalf of known third parties. Such communications maybe sent when subjects have shown interest in receiving so – even when they do not have an account with us. Each of our marketing communications has an opt-out option at the footer of the messaging, in case subjects desire to stop receiving future mails in the same regard.
- We also conduct feedback surveys from time to time to improve marketing experiences for our users.
2.2.4. We do not use personal data to engage in automated decision-making about subjects.
2.3. Sharing of Personal Data
2.3.1. We share subject data with:
- Affiliates (legal entities controlled by us, controlling us, or sharing a common authority of control with us) within reasonable limits, to properly deliver our Services.
- Selected Third Parties, including our business partners, vendors/suppliers, and sub-contractors, for the performance of the contract we are in with them.
- Analytics and Search Engine Providers who assist us in improving our digital presence in frequent intervals.
2.3.2. Under special circumstances, we may disclose your data to other third parties too. Such circumstances may include and not be limited to:
- Selling or buying of business assets
- Business acquisition by third party (where data can be treated as transferred asset)
2.3.3. We ensure maximum contractual and operational safeguards in the instance of third-party processing of subject data.
2.4. Subject Rights for Data Security, Accuracy & Retention
2.4.1. Under applicable data privacy regulations, subjects may:
- Request for access to their data and ask for a machine-readable copy for the same
- Request for the same to be updated, rectified, deleted, or blocked
- Request to abstain from using the said data
- Revoke their consent to process their data (for consent-based processing)
To exercise any of the rights listed above, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the following address: Lake B2B, 1 Byram Brook Place, Armonk, NY 10504.
2.4.2. Opt-out Policy:
This is in accordance to data subject rights (Sec. 2.4.1) as applicable per region. Upon your request, Lake B2B will:
- Allow any subscriber to “opt out” of further promotional contacts
- Initiate reasonable efforts to functionally delete the subscriber and his/her personal information from its database.
Visitors and users should be aware that we cannot always delete all historical data records, and this is in compliance to legal audits and financial reporting purposes which we are obliged to participate in.
2.4.3. In case of breaches or any other data-related concerns (subject to this privacy statement), subjects may lodge complaints with their regional data privacy regulator. For UK citizens, it is the Information Commissioner’s Office. Concerns in these regards can be directly reported at http://www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
2.4.4. We retain subject data for as long as it is reasonably necessary, for providing our Services. Such data is anonymized in the least reasonably practical time-frame after the subject stops using our Services.
2.4.5. Sufficient safeguards are taken while transferring subject data to other countries. We are obliged to provide a copy of said safeguards and related privacy rights on request by the subjects in concern. Sufficient safeguards are taken while transferring subject data to other countries. We are obliged to provide a copy of said safeguards and related privacy rights on request by the subjects in concern.
3. Data Security & Confidentiality Clauses
At Lake B2B, we give utmost importance to safeguard your privacy, at every step of processing or storing your personal information. We take every step to protect the confidentiality and security of the said data. We apply state-of-the-art servers with the latest encryption technologies. To provide you better services, without causing any disruption to your experience with us, we may share your personal information with partners only whose products/services are relevant to you.
3.1. Lake B2B ensures that all customer data remains the property of the respective customers. We also do not use, rent, sell, transfer, or otherwise expose the contents of the tracking information resulting from click-through, messages opened, messages read, or eCommerce conversions. Lake B2B provides an SSL encrypted, password-protected mechanism for viewing and extracting customer data.
3.2. We maintain all customer data in a carrier-class secure facility protected by firewalls and other security systems. These measures are designed to protect visitor and client information from loss, misuse, and/or unauthorized alterations.
3.3. We avail third party operators to process credit card information of users. This intermediary is solely a link in the distribution chain and is not permitted to store, retain, or use the information provided except for the sole purpose of processing transactions between Lake B2B and its clients. We restrict access to this information to only those employees who require the information for the said services.
4. Cookies & Tracking Technologies Used by Lake B2B
How does Lake B2B operate its tracking technology?
Lake B2B uses single-pixel gif images to count web page accesses and gather some general statistical information (such as, if an email has been opened or read). Collected information is tied to the users’ personally identifiable information to provide offers and improve the content of the site for the user. This profile is used to tailor the corresponding user’s experience on our website and to direct relevant marketing promotions to them. We do not share your profile with other third parties.
5. Third-party Site Links from and to Lake B2B
Lake B2B’s website or messages may contain links to other (third-party) websites. Lake B2B is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such “other” websites. Third parties may independently collect information about website visitors when users view ads or other communications from third parties through Lake B2B products or services. Visitors must contact the third-party companies directly regarding actions on these matters.
In addition, the existence of a link to another site or resource from Lake B2B does not constitute our recommendation or endorsement of such. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any information leakage at any of the sites linked to/from this directory and henceforth advice you to use such sites at your own risk.
6. Prevention of Unsolicited Commercial Email (SPAM)
- Lake B2B is committed to providing a permission-based model for email marketing. To that end, we carry a strict internationally acclaimed anti-spam policy for all of our clients and users.
- Our clients are explicitly prohibited from sending any unsolicited material to recipients who have not expressed their permission to receive communications from them.
- Our services may only be used for lawful purposes and may not violate or intervene any local, state, federal or international laws on any level of business practices whatsoever.
These policies are part of our broader reaching Acceptable Use Policy that each of our clients are contractually bound to. Violation of this policy will lead to speedy termination of all access to Lake B2B’s applications, servers, and network.
7. Lake B2B’s Campaign Content (Emails)
We review the content of email campaigns sent through our platform to verify compliance with the state, national, and/or international laws. In this regard, we use software with content algorithms to track the content of said email campaigns. This filtering benefits all users who avail our Services and it reduces bounces and ensures high deliverability.
Phone: (800) 710-5516
Postal Address :
1 Byram Brook Place, Armonk,